Take the lead toward keeping your brain and heart healthy!
Get your blood pressure and cholesterol checked today!
Participate in activities that stimulate your brain!
High blood pressure and high cholesterol usually have no warning signs and can lead to heart
disease. Lack of brain-stimulating activities invites Alzheimer's.
Target numbers are:
- Blood Pressure: no more than 120/80
- Total Cholesterol: 200 or less
- Low Density Lipids (LDL): 130 or less
- High Density Lipids (HDL): 40 greater
Actions to improve your numbers:
- Stop smoking
- Increase your physical activity – Ballroom Dance, walk, swim, or ride a bicycle at
least 20 minutes a day, three days a week.
- Avoid fats that are solid at room temperature. For example: animal fats, cream, butter, fat in dairy
products and hydrogenated fats.
- Lower your stress level
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat a balanced diet including five servings of fruit and vegetables daily
Ballroom Dancing is a fun way to "Save Your Brain"
Prevent "Senior Moments" and worse. Research shows that Ballroom Dancing is a brain-stimulating activity that helps prevent Alzheimer’s. Get a
double pay-off, mental and physical, by Ballroom Dancing. Do it often!
For more information, contact us by E-Mail or call us at (401) 529-1690.
Ballroom Dance Opportunities: